If you’ve made it this far and are taking the time to read this, it’s most likely because you’ve seen and are now making a connection to my work. There is nothing more meaningful when somebody entrusts me to document a milestone of theirs. Whether it’s their wedding, engagement session, their headshots, or even their graduation. It’s one of the most awesome feelings each time somebody values me.
One of the most important things is deciding whether or not I’d be the perfect photographer for you because I definitely want to be more than just a photographer for you. I want to be the one to capture everything: the great moments, the sad moments, the embarrassing and messy moments, everything. Whether you’re making a trip to Whataburger before you head to the reception on your wedding day, or your dad is taking over the dance floor having the time of his life, or it starts raining in the middle of you session, I want to be there to capture it.
How many images are included?
Portrait sessions all start with around 50 delivered photos. Weddings typically end up being at least 400. In the packages I detail the minimum amount of photos that are guaranteed, but these all depend on how long your session or wedding is. Either or, I definitely do not leave anything out.
Do you give RAWs?
RAW photos are also known as unedited pictures. And the answer is no, I do not. Editing a photo is half of what makes a photo great, and I would never deliver anything that isn’t finished. Just like when I order a burger, I don’t want it to be incomplete without the buns. Giving out unedited photos can jeopardize the quality of my work, and that definitely something I don’t want to do. I promise that I’ll never leave photos out that you’ll want or need, and if you feel I missed delivering a photo, just ask and I’m more than happy to check.
What if we need to cancel or reschedule?
If you’ve already paid your retainer fee for a date and then have to move or cancel it, the retainer fee is non-refundable and a new retainer fee will have to be made for your new date. I don’t do this because I’m trying to get as much money as I can from you, but because I’m counting on that money during that time to pay bills being that I take on limited amounts of jobs per month, meaning that I depend on that money.
What happens if you can’t make it to my session or wedding?
I’ve never had this happen before, and I pray that this never does. But, I’m always thinking of worst case scenario and trying to cover all my bases. However, if something ever does happen, then I will do my best to find a replacement, another photographer that I trust, that’s suitable for you. In the case of me or a replacement not being able to make it, you will be refunded.
What if we need to reschedule due to weather?
Texas can have the most random weather, at the most random times. Because of this, I usually have to hold out until the day before (sometimes even the day of) to decide on whether to reschedule or not. However, some of my favorite sessions have been in the rain, gloomy skies, and cold weather. If it’s super windy, GREAT. Some of my favorite portraits consists of beautiful hair blowing in the wind. The only times I reschedule is if there is a potential for my cameras to get damaged in the weather.
How do I pay?
I require a 30% retainer fee at the time of booking to hold your date, and the remaining 70% due either two weeks from you wedding date, or 5 days from your portrait session. I accept card, bank transfers, PayPal, and Square payments.
Can you photoshop us to look skinnier, have clear skin, etc?
I’m not a personal trainer and I don’t change your appearance. I want to focus on making you feel beautiful rather than look unrealistic. So no, I don’t photoshop your bodies to appear different than they actually are. I do however do fix light blemishes!
What do I wear?
I have a style guide that I email you at time of booking, but the important thing to understand is that it is only a guide, and not a set of rules. I want to you wear something comfortable that is your style, rather than you wear heels and a new dress that you can’t really move in. If you’re the type of person that wears band shirts and joggers, then I’m game for that. Have a favorite hate that your mom dreads? Let’s use it as a prop. Sticking to neutral colors is best, but the important thing is that I want to capture you.